If you own a Honda Civic, you might be wondering if wheel spacers can help you fit wider or bigger wheels on your car. Wheel spacers are metal rings that fit between the wheel hub and the wheel, creating a gap that pushes the wheel outwards. This can create more space for your wheels to clear your car’s fenders, brakes or suspension components. But do wheel spacers really help fitment for your Honda Civic? Let’s find out.
What are the fitment issues of Honda Civic wheels?
Honda Civic wheels can have some fitment issues, depending on the size, width and offset of your wheels.
- Rubbing: Rubbing occurs when your wheels or tires contact the fenders, liners or other parts of your car when turning, driving over bumps or under load. This can cause noise, damage or wear to your wheels, tires or car. Rubbing can be caused by using wheels that are too wide or have too low offset for your car.
- Clearance: Clearance refers to the amount of space between your wheels and other parts of your car, such as the brakes or suspension components. Having enough clearance is important for the safety and performance of your car. Clearance can be reduced by using wheel spacers.
- Poke: Poke refers to the amount of wheel that sticks out beyond the fender or bodywork of your car. Having too much poke can make your car look unbalanced or awkward. Poke can also affect the aerodynamics and handling of your car.
How do BONOSS Honda Civic wheel spacers help fitment for wheels?
BONOSS Honda Civic wheel spacers can help fitment for wheels by changing the effective offset and position of your wheels relative to your car.
- Reduce rubbing: they can reduce rubbing by pushing your wheels outwards and away from the fenders, liners or other parts of your car. This can create more room for your wheels to turn and move without contacting anything. They can also improve the appearance of your car by filling the wheel arches and reducing the gap between the tire and the fender.
- Increase clearance: they can increase clearance by pushing your wheels outwards and away from the brakes or suspension components of your car. This can create more space for air to flow around these parts and prevent them from overheating or interfering with your wheels.
- Brake cooling: they can improve the performance of your car by improving the brake cooling. There are heat dissipation grooves behind the spacers which are devised to boost the cooling efficiency and reduce brake thermal decay.
- Snug hub bore fitment: they can snugly fit the central hub because the hub bores of every car model are accurately measured. Better than common hub-centric spacers, there is no vibration between the hub and spacer.
- Adjust poke: Wheel spacers can adjust poke by pushing your wheels outwards and changing their position relative to the fender or bodywork of your car. This can make your car look more balanced or aggressive by aligning your wheels with the edge of your fender or protruding slightly beyond it. Wheel spacers can also improve the handling and stability of your car by widening the track width and increasing the contact patch of the tires.
Honda Civic wheel spacers can be a good option for some Honda Civic owners who want to fit wider or bigger wheels on their car. However, they are not a magic solution that can solve all fitment issues. Therefore, you should always check the fitment of your wheels before and after using wheel spacers on your car.
You should also choose quality spacers that fit your car well and use them with care. If you do so, you can enjoy the benefits of wheel spacers without compromising your car’s safety or reliability.
I hope this post was helpful for you. If you have any questions or comments about Honda Civic wheel spacers, feel free to leave them below.