Wheel spacers are metal rings that fit between the wheel and the hub of a vehicle, creating a gap that increases the track width and improves the appearance and performance of the vehicle. Kia Opirus wheel spacers can also help with fitting larger wheels and tires, or resolving clearance issues with brake calipers or suspension components.
Steps to install Kia Opirus wheel spacers
If you own a Kia Opirus and want to install wheel spacers, here are some steps that you can follow:
- First, you need to choose the right size and type of wheel spacers for your Kia Opirus. There are different types of wheel spacers, such as bolt-on, slip-on, or hub-centric. You also need to measure the thickness of the wheel spacers that you need, which depends on the offset of your wheels and the desired stance of your vehicle. You can use a wheel spacer calculator online to find out the optimal size for your Kia Opirus wheel spacers.
- Next, you need to prepare your vehicle and tools for the installation. You will need a jack, jack stands, lug wrench, torque wrench, socket set, anti-seize compound, and a breaker bar. You should also check the condition of your wheel studs and lug nuts, and replace them if they are worn or damaged. You should also clean the hub surface and the wheel mounting surface with a wire brush or sandpaper to remove any dirt or rust.
- Then, you need to lift your vehicle and remove the wheels. You should use the jack to lift one corner of your vehicle at a time, and place a jack stand under the frame for safety. You should also loosen the lug nuts before lifting the vehicle, and then remove them completely after lifting. You should then carefully remove the wheel from the hub and set it aside.
- After that, you need to install the wheel spacers on the hub. You should align the holes of the wheel spacer with the studs of the hub, and slide it over them. You should then apply some anti-seize compound on the threads of the studs to prevent corrosion and seizing. You should then use the lug nuts that came with the wheel spacers to secure them on the hub, and tighten them with a torque wrench according to the manufacturer’s specifications.
- Finally, you need to reinstall the wheels and lower the vehicle. You should align the holes of the wheel with the studs of the wheel spacer, and slide it over them. You should then use the original lug nuts to secure the wheel on the wheel spacer, and tighten them with a torque wrench according to the manufacturer’s specifications. You should then repeat the process for the other wheels, and lower the vehicle after installing all of them. You should also check the lug nuts after driving for a few miles, and retighten them if necessary.
Congratulations, you have successfully installed Kia Opirus wheel spacers on your vehicle! You can now enjoy the benefits of having a wider track width, a more aggressive look, and a better handling of your Kia Opirus.
BONOSS Kia Opirus wheel spacers are safest for your car. They are high-quality wheel spacers made from 7075-T6 and 6061-T6 forged aluminum alloy. The equipped wheel studs are ISO grade 12.9 and the wheel nuts are ISO grade 10. You can see that the studs and nuts are the only things securing the wheel and wheel hub. If they are not tough and hard enough, the wheel may fly away when you drive at a high speed. Utilizing high-quality spacers, studs and nuts is necessary for the safety of your vehicle.
Besides, BONOSS Kia Opirus wheel spacers are famous for their active cooling structures. There are heat dissipation grooves behind the spacers which can boost the cooling efficiency and reduce brake thermal decay. The faster the car runs, the quicker air flows in the grooves hence the cooling effect will be functional. This design also helps to prolong the lifespan of the brake kits.