Mitsubishi Eclipse wheel spacers are devices that fit between the wheel and the hub of your Eclipse, increasing the distance between them. They are used for various reasons, such as improving the appearance, handling, and performance of the vehicle. However, some people may have concerns about the safety and legality of using wheel spacers, especially on a Mitsubishi Eclipse, which is a popular sports car model.
In this post, we will explore the benefits of using wheel spacers on a Mitsubishi Eclipse, and also discuss some tips and precautions for installing and maintaining wheel spacers safely and legally.
What are the benefits of using wheel spacers on a Mitsubishi Eclipse?
One of the main benefits of using wheel spacers on a Mitsubishi Eclipse is that they can enhance the appearance of the vehicle by giving it a more aggressive and sporty look. Wheel spacers can push the wheels outwards, creating a wider stance and filling up the wheel wells better. This can also improve the aerodynamics and reduce the drag of the vehicle.
Another benefit of using wheel spacers on a Mitsubishi Eclipse is that they can improve the handling and performance of the vehicle by increasing the track width and reducing the body roll. Wheel spacers can create a larger contact patch between the tires and the road, which can improve the grip, traction, and stability of the vehicle. They can also reduce the stress on the suspension components by distributing the weight more evenly.
A third benefit of using wheel spacers on a Mitsubishi Eclipse is that they can allow for more customization and compatibility options for the wheels and tires. Wheel spacers can create more clearance between the wheels and the brake calipers, fenders, or suspension parts, which can prevent rubbing or interference issues. They can also enable the use of larger or wider wheels and tires that may not fit otherwise.
How to use wheel spacers on a Mitsubishi Eclipse safely and legally?
To use wheel spacers on a Mitsubishi Eclipse safely and legally, there are some tips and precautions that should be followed:
- Choose high-quality wheel spacers that are made of durable and lightweight materials, such as aluminum or steel, and that are compatible with the bolt pattern, hub diameter, and offset of the wheels and tires.
- Choose the appropriate size and thickness of wheel spacers that suit the desired look and performance of the vehicle, without compromising the clearance or alignment of the wheels and tires.
- Install wheel spacers correctly and securely by following the instructions and recommendations of the manufacturer or a professional mechanic. Use proper tools and torque specifications to tighten the nuts and bolts evenly and firmly.
- Check wheel spacers regularly for any signs of damage, wear, or looseness, and replace them if necessary. Use a torque wrench to retighten the nuts and bolts periodically to prevent them from coming loose or falling off.
- Consult with the manufacturer or dealer of the vehicle before using wheel spacers to ensure that they will not void the warranty or affect the service plan. Check with the local authorities or agencies before using wheel spacers to ensure that they comply with the safety and emission standards or regulations.
One of the famous and reputable spacer brands is BONOSS. BONOSS Mitsubishi Eclipse wheel spacers are high-quality anodized forged AL7075-T6 spacers. They are tough, durable and high-performance. For safety and decoration, they are the best choice for your Huracan.
BONOSS Mitsubishi Eclipse wheel spacers are forged 7075-T6 aluminum alloy which has an ultimate tensile strength of 510–540 MPa (74,000–78,000 psi) and yield strength of at least 430–480 MPa (63,000–69,000 psi). The equipped wheel studs and nuts are also ample. The studs are ISO grade 12.9 and the nuts are ISO grade 10. They will never bend and break for stable quality.
BONOSS Mitsubishi Eclipse wheel spacers are black anodized coating. The surface of every spacer has undergone the anodic oxide process and shimmers black gold color. The side of these spacers is a knurl pattern, which not only provides aesthetic value but aids to reduce the inner stress of the spacer and make more stable.
BONOSS Mitsubishi Eclipse wheel spacers are outstanding and famous for active cooling technique. This design is the grooves on the surface of the spacer in order to create space between the hub and spacer for heat dissipation. These groove patterns which are petal and symmetric are devised based on principles of aerodynamics. Especially when the wheel rotates fast, the heat dissipates quickly to relieve thermal decay and improve brake response.