If you own a 2022 Toyota 4Runner and want to install wheel spacers to give it a more aggressive stance, this guide will walk you through the process step-by-step. Installing wheel spacers on your 4Runner is not overly complicated, but it does require some mechanical know-how. With the right tools and preparation, you can install spacers safely and add width to your 4Runner’s track.
When shopping for wheel spacers for your 2022 4Runner, go with a quality, trusted brand like BONOSS. Here are some of the key benefits BONOSS 2022 Toyota 4Runner wheel spacers offer.
- Precision CNC machined from aircraft grade aluminum for maximum strength and minimum weight
- Active cooling technique to cool the spacers and wheels
- Anodized coating prevents corrosion and fading
- Meet or exceed OE quality and safety standards
- Custom fit for flawless fitment on 4Runner wheels
- No vibrations, noise or other driving issues
- Boosts stance for better off-road clearance and performance
BONOSS 2022 Toyota 4Runner wheel spacers are engineered specifically for certain Toyota models like the 2022 4Runner. You get a perfect fit while maintaining safety and stability.
Gather the Required Tools and Supplies
Before getting started, you’ll need to have the right tools on hand. Here’s what you’ll need.
- Floor jack and jack stands
- Wheel chocks
- Lug nut wrench
- Torque wrench
- Wheel spacer grease
- Brake cleaner spray
- Shop rags
You’ll also need the wheel spacers matched to your 4Runner’s bolt pattern recommended by the spacer manufacturer. Make sure you have all of this ready before raising the 4Runner up.
Safety First! Prepare the 4Runner
With any work on a vehicle’s wheels and suspension, safety should always come first. Here are some tips for safely installing 4Runner wheel spacers:
- Park on a flat, level, hard surface – jack stands can sink on soft ground
- Chock tires that will remain on the ground to prevent rolling
- Release parking brake and put transmission in neutral
- Check for any loose tools or items in wheel wells
Following basic safety procedures will prevent accidents and make the install process smooth.
Lift the 4Runner and Remove Wheels
Using your floor jack, lift the 4Runner at the recommended lift points one corner at a time. Place jack stands securely under the frame rails or pinch welds. The exact lift points can be found in your owner’s manual.
With the wheel you are working on lifted off the ground, remove the lug nuts and carefully take the wheel off the hub. Set it aside and get ready to install your spacers.
Install Wheel Spacers Properly
Here are the basic steps for properly installing wheel spacers on your 2022 Toyota 4Runner:
- Clean hub and spacer mounting surfaces thoroughly with brake cleaner to remove any dirt, oil or debris. Surface must be spotless for proper torque.
- Apply a thin layer of wheel spacer grease to the spacer’s center bore and mounting studs or bolts. This ensures consistent torque and prevents corrosion.
- Mount the spacer on the hub carefully without damage the studs or scratching any surfaces.
- Reinstall wheel and lug nuts hand tight.
- Lower the 4Runner to the ground just enough for the tire to touch and stabilize the vehicle.
- Torque lug nuts to spec in the star pattern. Check spacer manufacturer for proper torque.
- Repeat the process on the remaining wheels, one at a time.
Recheck Installation and Go for a Test Drive
With all your 4Runner’s spacers installed, double check that everything is tight and properly torqued. Give the lugs a second pass with your torque wrench just to be safe.
Before hitting the trails or open road, do a test drive nearby to ensure proper clearance and listen for any potential noises or issues. Your 4Runner should drive straight and smooth with no ill effects from the spacers.
Adding 2022 Toyota 4Runner wheel spacers really expands its versatility and rugged capability. Just take time to install them correctly. With BONOSS brand spacers matched to your 4Runner, you’ll boost its performance and appearance safely. Enjoy your newly spacered 4Runner!