Wheel spacers are devices that increase the distance between the wheel and the hub of a vehicle. They can improve the appearance, performance and handling of your car by creating a more aggressive stance and reducing body roll. If you own a 2023 Hyundai Santa and want to install wheel spacers, here are some steps to follow.
How to install 2023 Hyundai Santa wheel spacers?
- Choose the right wheel spacers for your car. You need to consider the bolt pattern, center bore, thickness and quality of the wheel spacers. The bolt pattern and center bore should match your car’s specifications, while the thickness should depend on how much you want to widen the track width. You also need to make sure that the wheel spacers are made of durable and corrosion-resistant materials, such as aluminum or steel.
- Prepare the tools and equipment. You will need a jack, jack stands, lug wrench, torque wrench, anti-seize compound and a wire brush. You may also need a pry bar or a hammer to remove the brake caliper if it interferes with the wheel spacer.
- Lift the car and remove the wheels. Use the jack to lift one corner of the car and place a jack stand under it for safety. Then use the lug wrench to loosen and remove the lug nuts and take off the wheel. Repeat this for the other corners of the car.
- Clean the hub and the wheel. Use the wire brush to remove any dirt, rust or debris from the hub and the wheel. Apply some anti-seize compound to the hub to prevent corrosion and make it easier to remove the wheel spacer in the future.
- Install the wheel spacer. Align the holes of the wheel spacer with the studs of the hub and slide it over them. Make sure that the wheel spacer is flush with the hub and that there is no gap between them. If your wheel spacer has bolts, tighten them with a torque wrench according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Reinstall the wheel and lower the car. Put the wheel back on and align it with the holes of the wheel spacer. Secure it with the lug nuts and tighten them with a torque wrench in a star pattern. Do not over-tighten or under-tighten them as this can cause damage or instability. Lower the car from the jack stand and remove the jack. Repeat this for the other wheels.
- Check and test drive your car. After installing all the wheel spacers, check that they are properly fitted and that there is no rubbing or interference with any part of the car. You may need to trim or adjust some components, such as fenders, brake lines or suspension, to accommodate the increased track width. Test drive your car at low speeds and check for any vibrations, noises or steering issues. If everything is fine, enjoy your new look and feel!
Which 2023 Hyundai Santa wheel spacers are the safest?
One of the safe quality 2023 Hyundai Santa wheel spacers is BONOSS spacers. They are high-quality wheel spacers made from forged 7075-T6 aluminum. The spacer body is tough and durable enough to undergoing the weight and bumping of Santa. The equipped wheel studs and wheel nuts are also hard and endurable. They are respectively ISO grade 12.9 studs and ISO grade 10 nuts which are not prone to breaking or bending. Especially when you swap to extended studs for slip-on spacer, the longer studs are easier to bend. You can imagine that a longer sticks are easier to bend, so as studs. If alter to longer studs, opt for ISO 12.9 studs for safety.
Another factor affecting the safety is the fitment. If mount incompatible spacers in your vehicle, you are in danger. There will be a time that your wheels fly away. Please ensure the spacers can fit the vehicle as possible as you can. BONOSS 2023 Hyundai Santa wheel spacers are one of the spacers that can fit the Santa perfectly. They are hub-centric spacers with the lip on the center to secure to the wheel bore and hub bore. Except for this, the lip is multi-stage structure, which is designed to fit the chamfers and stages in the hub bore and wheel bore.
I hope this post helps you with installing your 2023 Hyundai Santa wheel spacers. If you have any questions or feedback, please leave a comment below.