Mitsubishi L200 wheel spacers can be safe for pickup trucks, but it depends on several factors. High-quality wheel spacers designed and manufactured specifically for your vehicle can be safe when properly installed and used according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Mitsubishi L200 wheel spacers can improve your vehicle’s stability and handling by widening its track and reducing its center of gravity, especially when fitting larger wheels and tires.
However, improper installation, poor-quality Mitsubishi L200 wheel spacers, or using wheel spacers that are too wide or don’t fit your vehicle’s bolt pattern and center bore properly can cause many problems. These problems may include the following:
- Increased risk of wheel stud or lug nut failure.
- Changes to the vehicle’s alignment, causing uneven tire wear and reduced handling.
- Hub-centric misalignment causes high-speed shaking.
- Mitsubishi L200 wheel spacers have insufficient strength to withstand the cracks generated by excessive torque.
To ensure the safety of your pickup truck when using Mitsubishi L200 wheel spacers, it is important to choose high-quality spacers specifically designed for your vehicle and have them installed by a qualified technician. Additionally, it’s important to follow the manufacturer’s recommended torque specifications and check them regularly to ensure the spacers remain securely attached.
How to Make Sure the Mitsubishi L200 Wheel Spacers Are Safe on My Pickup?
Choose high-quality Mitsubishi L200 wheel spacers: Invest in high-quality wheel spacers designed specifically for your pickup truck. Avoid cheap or generic spacers, as they may not be manufactured to the same standards and may cause safety issues.
- Check the specifications: Make sure the Mitsubishi L200 wheel spacers you choose are the right size and thickness for your pickup truck’s make and model. Check the bolt pattern, center bore, and hub diameter of the spacers and the wheels to ensure they match.
- Install properly: Make sure a qualified technician installs the Mitsubishi L200 wheel spacers properly. The technician should clean the hub surface and torque the spacers and wheels to the manufacturer’s recommended specifications.
- Check torque regularly: After installing the Mitsubishi L200 wheel spacers, check the torque regularly, especially after the first 50-100 miles of driving. This will help ensure the spacers and wheels are properly secured and reduce the risk of loosening or failure.
- Monitor for issues: Check for any issues after installing the Mitsubishi L200 wheel spacers. Look for signs of uneven tire wear, vibrations, or changes in handling. If you notice any issues, have them checked out by a qualified technician as soon as possible.
By following these steps, you can help ensure that the Mitsubishi L200 wheel spacers are safe to use on your pickup truck. Remember that safety should always be a top priority when modifying your vehicle.
Are BONOSS Mitsubishi L200 Wheel Spacers Safe?
BONOSS’s Mitsubishi L200 wheel spacers are high-strength forged aluminum alloy 6061-T6 and 7075-T6. The difference between the two materials lies in their tensile and yield strength. The forged 7075-T6 has an ultimate tensile strength of 74,000-78,000 psi and a yield strength of 63,000-69,000 psi. The compact structure greatly enhances the overall strength of the Mitsubishi L200 wheel spacers, and its performance is about 40% higher than that of 6061-T6. This is also the reason why many customers choose it.
Due to the lug nuts and wheel studs structure used in the Mitsubishi L200 wheel spacers, the performance of the components on the wheel spacers is crucial. BONOSS uses SCM440 steel alloy to make the wheel studs, with a tensile strength of 1220 MPa and a yield strength of 121,000 N. These two key data are important for wheel spacers because the vehicle’s torque is directly transferred from the wheel studs to the tire. The excellent steel alloy material can not only ensure strength but also has good toughness by staying within the limit of plastic deformation of the wheel studs.
BONOSS can provide customers with high-performance Mitsubishi L200 wheel spacers and various inspection reports from SGS and TUV. The content above comes from the inspection agency’s report. BONOSS has also conducted professional testing on the lug nuts; the ISO grade 10 lug nuts are considered top products in the industry. BONOSS believes that high-quality products can ensure the safety of customers’ driving.
How Do I Know What Size Mitsubishi L200 Wheel Spacers to Get for My Pickup Truck?
To determine what size Mitsubishi L200 wheel spacers you need for your pickup truck, you should take the following steps:
- Check the bolt pattern: The bolt pattern refers to the number of lugs on the hub and the distance between them. Measure the distance between the centers of two adjacent lugs on your pickup truck’s hub, and count the total number of lugs. This will give you the Mitsubishi L200 wheel spacers bolt pattern. You can also find this information in your vehicle’s owner’s manual or online.
- Measure the hub diameter: Measure the diameter of the center bore on your pickup truck’s hub. This is the hole in the center of the wheel that fits over the hub. Make sure that the hub diameter of the Mitsubishi L200 wheel spacers you choose matches the hub diameter of your pickup truck’s hub.
- Determine the desired width: Decide how much wider you want your pickup truck’s stance. Remember that wider Mitsubishi L200 wheel spacers will provide more stability and handling but may also increase the risk of stress on your vehicle’s components.
- Choose the thickness: Choose the appropriate thickness for your wheel spacers based on the desired width. Mitsubishi L200 wheel spacers are typically available in thicknesses of 1/4 inch to 2 inches or more. Make sure that the wheel spacer thickness you choose suits your vehicle’s weight and load capacity.
- Check for compatibility: Before purchasing Mitsubishi L200 wheel spacers, ensure they are compatible with your pickup truck’s make and model.
Following these steps, you can determine what size Mitsubishi L200 wheel spacers you need for your pickup truck. It’s important to choose high-quality spacers specifically designed for your vehicle and have them installed by a qualified technician to ensure your safety.
(Some photos come from our clients, and https://mitsubishi-motors.co.uk/cars/l200/, if there is any infringement, contact us immediately to delete them.)