Wheel spacers are devices that fit between the wheel and the hub of a vehicle, increasing the distance between them. They are used for various purposes, such as improving the appearance, handling, and performance of the vehicle. However, some people may have concerns about the safety and legality of using wheel spacers, especially on a popular model like the Hyundai Avante. In this post, we will explore the benefits of using Hyundai Avante wheel spacers, and provide some tips on how to choose and install them properly.
What are the benefits of using Hyundai Avante wheel spacers?
One of the main reasons why people use wheel spacers is to enhance the aesthetics of their vehicle. Wheel spacers can make the wheels look more flush with the fenders, giving the car a more aggressive and sporty stance. They can also allow the use of larger or wider wheels and tires, which can improve the grip and traction of the vehicle.
Another benefit of using wheel spacers is to improve the handling and performance of the vehicle. Wheel spacers can increase the track width of the vehicle, which means that the wheels are farther apart from each other. This can reduce the body roll and improve the stability and cornering ability of the vehicle. Wheel spacers can also change the offset of the wheels, which is the distance between the centerline of the wheel and the mounting surface of the hub. By reducing the positive offset or increasing the negative offset, wheel spacers can bring the wheels closer to the centerline of the vehicle, which can reduce the steering effort and improve the steering response.
How to choose and install Hyundai Avante wheel spacers safely?
If you decide to use Hyundai Avante wheel spacers, you need to make sure that you choose and install them correctly and safely. Here are some tips to follow:
- Choose high-quality wheel spacers that are made from durable materials such as forged aluminum. Avoid cheap or low-quality wheel spacers that are made from plastic or other weak materials that may crack or break under stress.
- Choose wheel spacers that match your vehicle’s specifications such as bolt pattern, hub diameter, center bore, and thread size. You can find these informations in your owner’s manual or online sources. Do not use wheel spacers that are incompatible with your vehicle’s specifications as they may cause vibration, wobbling, or misalignment of your wheels.
- Choose wheel spacers that have a thickness that suits your needs and preferences. The thickness of your wheel spacers will determine how much they will change your track width and offset. Generally speaking, thicker wheel spacers will have more noticeable effects than thinner ones. However, you should not use wheel spacers that are too thick as they may cause interference with your fenders, brakes, or suspension components.
- Install your wheel spacers properly according to their instructions. You will need some tools such as a jack, a lug wrench, a torque wrench, and a thread locker. You will also need to remove your wheels from your vehicle before installing your wheel spacers. Make sure that you clean and lubricate your hub and studs before mounting your wheel spacers. Tighten your lug nuts evenly and securely according to their torque specifications. Check your wheels for any signs of looseness or movement after installing your wheel spacers.
- Test drive your vehicle after installing your wheel spacers. Pay attention to any changes in your steering feel, handling behavior, braking performance, or noise level. If you notice any problems or issues with your vehicle after installing your wheel spacers, you should remove them immediately and consult a professional mechanic.
Which Hyundai Avante wheel spacers are safest for your car?
BONOSS Hyundai Avante wheel spacers are one of the safest spacers for your car. They are forged AL7075-T6 and AL6061-T6, which are light and tough spacers to endure the stress and add less weight to the car. If you get cast poor spacers, you hit them to the forged one, you can see the cast ones crack. When driving on roads at a high speed, poor spacers involve you into traffic accidents. For your safety, always opt for quality wheel spacers.
Incompatible spacers can result in vibration and wobble of the car. BONOSS Hyundai Avante wheel spacers are the spacers of perfect fitment. They are hub-centric with a lip to secure the spacers in the hub bore and keep the balance of the spacers when the hub rotates. But common hub-centric spacers are not really ‘hub-centric’, because they are not snugly fit the hub and wheel. Consider carefully, you can see the chamfers and stages in the hub bore and wheel bore. In order to evade vibration and wobble, BONOSS Hyundai Avante wheel spacers are processed with the corresponsive stages and chamfers. There are few spacers that are so elaborately crafted like BONOSS spacers.
When swapping to extended wheel studs, the quality of the studs is significant. A longer wooden stick is prone to bending. Wheel studs are similar. BONOSS Hyundai Avante wheel spacers are equipped with ISO grade 12.9 studs and ISO grade 10 nuts, which prevents studs from breaking and bending.