If you are looking for a way to enhance the appearance and performance of your Subaru Impreza, you might have considered installing Subaru Impreza wheel spacers. Wheel spacers are devices that fit between the hub and the wheel, increasing the distance between them. This creates a wider track width and a more aggressive stance for your car. But are wheel spacers good to run? What are the benefits and drawbacks of using them? In this post, we will explore these questions and help you decide if wheel spacers are right for your Subaru Impreza.
What are the benefits of Subaru Impreza wheel spacers?
Wheel spacers can offer several advantages for your Subaru Impreza, such as:
- Improved handling and stability: By widening the track width, wheel spacers reduce the body roll and improve the cornering grip of your car. This can make your Subaru Impreza more responsive and fun to drive, especially on twisty roads or tracks.
- Better brake and suspension clearance: Wheel spacers can also create more space between the wheel and the caliper, allowing you to install larger brakes or aftermarket suspension components. This can improve the braking performance and ride quality of your car, as well as prevent rubbing issues.
- Enhanced aesthetics: Wheel spacers can also change the look of your car by pushing the wheels outwards and filling the wheel arches. This can give your Subaru Impreza a more sporty and aggressive appearance, as well as allow you to use different wheel styles or sizes.
What are the drawbacks of Subaru Impreza wheel spacers?
Wheel spacers are not without their disadvantages, however. Some of the potential drawbacks of using them are:
- Safety issues: if you choose poor, out-of-fitment and low-quality spacers, when your car is running off-road or on highways, the spacers may break and the studs may bend. So dangerous! If you do not install them correctly belike the studs and nuts are not tight enough or over-tightened, your car is at risk.
- Possible legal issues: Wheel spacers can also be illegal in some states or countries, depending on their size or type. Some jurisdictions may have strict regulations on how much you can modify your car’s track width or wheel offset. You may need to check with your local authorities before installing wheel spacers on your Subaru Impreza.
How to choose the right Subaru Impreza wheel spacers?
If you decide to use wheel spacers on your Subaru Impreza, you need to choose the right ones for your car. There are several factors to consider when selecting wheel spacer:
- Size: The size of the wheel spacer determines how much it will push the wheel outwards. The size is usually measured in millimeters (mm) or inches (in). You need to choose a size that will create enough clearance for your brakes or suspension, but not too much that it will cause rubbing or fender issues. You also need to make sure that the size matches your bolt pattern and hub bore.
- Type: There are two main types of wheel spacers: bolt-on and slip-on. Bolt-on spacers have studs that attach to the hub and bolts that secure the wheel. Slip-on spacers have no studs and simply slide over the existing ones. Bolt-on spacers are more secure and stable, but they require longer bolts or studs. Slip-on spacers are easier to install and remove, but they may not fit snugly or evenly.
- Material: The material of the wheel spacer affects its weight and durability. The most common materials are aluminum and steel. Aluminum spacers are lighter and more resistant to corrosion, but they may not be as strong or rigid as steel ones. Steel spacers are heavier and more prone to rusting, but they may offer better strength and stability. Normally aluminum is chosen as the material for spacers.
Where to buy good Subaru Impreza wheel spacers?
I recommend BONOSS Subaru Impreza wheel spacers. They are high-quality wheel spacers made from 7075-T6 and 6061-T6 forged aluminum alloy. The equipped wheel studs are ISO grade 12.9 and the wheel nuts are ISO grade 10. You never worry that they may bend or break.
BONOSS Subaru Impreza wheel spacers are easy to dismount. There are disassembly grooves on the side. When the wheel spacers are used for some time, you may find that the wheel spacers and the brake disc are sticking. The disassembly groove is designed to easily dismount the spacers. Normally, using a screwdriver can easily remove the spacers, simple and efficient.
BONOSS Subaru Impreza wheel spacers can be a good way to improve the look and performance of your Subaru Impreza. They also come with various sizes for every year of Subaru Impreza. If you install so correctly, you can enjoy a wider stance and a better driving experience with your Subaru Impreza.