If you’re a Honda Civic owner looking to customize your ride, installing wheel spacers is a great modification to consider. Wheel spacers change the offset of your wheels, pushing them outward to sit flush or poke outside the fenders. This gives your Civic an aggressive, sporty look. In this guide, we’ll review everything you need to know about choosing the right wheel spacers for your 2023 Honda Civic, from proper sizing and fitment to top brand recommendations.
Honda Civic Wheel Spacer Sizes
Wheel spacers are available in a range of thicknesses, letting you fine-tune your desired fitment. Common sizes for the 2023 Civic are:
- 12.5mm – Gives a subtle change, with the wheels sitting slightly more flush with the fenders
- 25mm – More noticeable difference, pushing the wheels outward close to 1 inch
- 35mm – Wheels poke clearly outside fenders for maximum aggression
Thicker spacers will require getting longer wheel studs to account for the extra space between the wheel hub and rim. Most Civic owners opt for 25-35mm spacers to make their stance noticeably wider without going overboard.
Proper Fitment – PCD and CB
Aside from thickness, you need to match two measurements to ensure proper fitment with your Civic’s hubs:
PCD (Pitch Circle Diameter) – This measures the lug pattern bolt holes on your Civic’s hub. All 10th and 11th gen Civics use a common 5×114.3 PCD.
CB (Center Bore) – The center bore is the size of the hole in the middle of the wheel spacer. For 2023 Civics this is 64.1mm.
As long as you get wheel spacers for 5×114.3 PCD and a 64.1mm CB, they will bolt up to your Civic without an issue.
When shopping for wheel spacers, go with a trusted brand like BONOSS. Here’s why they make the best spacers for 2023 Honda Civics:
- Precise Engineering – BONOSS spacers are CNC machined from 6061-T6 or 7075-T6 aluminum alloy billet to strict tolerances. This ensures a precise fit and eliminates vibrations.
- Anodized Black Finish – The sleek black anodized coating gives the spacers a clean factory look. It also provides protection from corrosion and everyday wear and tear.
- Hub-Centric Design – BONOSS spacers properly center on your Civic’s hub with the right 64.1mm center bore. This prevents vibration and wheel movement.
- 10-Year Warranty – BONOSS backs their spacers with a 10-year manufacturer’s warranty for added peace of mind.
Bottom line – BONOSS makes properly engineered spacers tailored specifically for the 2023 Honda Civic. Their quality construction, durable finish, and reliable performance make them the top choice for your Civic.
Installing Civic Wheel Spacers
Putting on wheel spacers is straightforward with some basic hand tools and mechanical ability. Just follow these steps:
- Loosen the lug nuts so the wheels can be removed. Use a jack to lift the Civic and support it on jack stands.
- Remove the wheels. If needed, swap out the stock wheel studs for longer ones to accommodate thicker spacers.
- Line up the wheel spacer on the hub and secure with lug nuts. Make sure the spacer properly centers on the hub.
- Put the wheel onto the spacer hub rings. Hand tighten the lug nuts in a cross pattern.
- Lower the Civic and use a torque wrench to fully tighten the lugs to the proper spec.
- Repeat steps on all four wheels. Take your time to ensure proper installation.
Once installed, the wheel spacers should be maintenance free. Just periodically check the torque on the mounting bolts. Enjoy your newly widened Civic stance!
Wrapping Up Our 2023 Honda Civic Wheel Spacer Review
If you own the latest model Honda Civic and want to customize it with a wider, more aggressive stance, installing wheel spacers is a great bolt-on mod. Choose a trusted brand like BONOSS and make sure to get the proper 5×114.3 PCD, 64.1mm CB, and size for your needs.
With quality wheel spacers in place, you can give your Civic the mean lowered look you want while improving handling performance. Just take your time during installation and periodically check bolt torque for safety. Enjoy your newly customized ride!