You may be curious about how wheel spacers can change your Land Rover Defender’s performance, appearance and handling. Wheel spacers are devices that go between the hub and the wheel, creating more space and pushing the wheels outwards. Are larger wheel spacers for Defender better?
One of the most important factors to consider when buying wheel spacers is the thickness. The thickness determines how much the wheels are pushed out from the hub, and it can affect the alignment, steering, handling and stress on the wheel bearings and suspension. Generally speaking, thicker wheel spacers have more benefits than thinner ones, but they also have some drawbacks.
Advantages of Defender 50mm wheel spacers
50mm wheel spacers are among the thickest ones you can find for your Defender. They can offer some significant advantages over smaller ones, such as:
- They can make a noticeable difference in the appearance and stance of your Defender, making it look more powerful and tough.
- They can enhance the handling and stability of your Defender by increasing the track width and lowering the center of gravity.
- They can allow you to fit bigger tires or wheels that would otherwise rub against the fenders or suspension components.
- They can provide more room for installing aftermarket brake kits or accessories that require more clearance.
Disadvantages of Defender 50mm wheel spacers
50mm wheel spacers are not without drawbacks, however. They may have some negative impacts on your Defender.
How to choose Defender 50mm wheel spacers
If you decide to go for 50mm wheel spacers for your Defender, you need to make sure you choose high-quality ones that are compatible with your vehicle and meet your needs. Here are some tips to help you:
- Choose wheel spacers that are made of durable and lightweight materials, such as aluminum or steel. Avoid cheap or poorly made ones that can crack or break under stress.
- Choose wheel spacers that are hub-centric, meaning they match the center bore of your hub and wheel. This ensures a perfect fit and eliminates any vibration or wobble.
- Choose wheel spacers that have the same bolt pattern as your hub and wheel. This ensures a secure connection and prevents any misalignment or looseness.
- Choose wheel spacers that come with longer wheel studs or lug nuts if needed. This ensures enough thread engagement and torque for safety and reliability.
If you want to buy 50mm wheel spacers for your Defender, you need to be careful and do some research and comparison before making a purchase. There are many online stores that offer wheel spacers for your Defender, but some of them are not trustworthy or reliable. You need to check prices, reviews, customer service and shipping options before making a purchase.
BONOSS is a reputable manufacturer of high-quality wheel spacers that are specially designed for different models of cars, including Defender. BONOSS Defender wheel spacers are made of forged 6061-T6 aluminum alloy, which is lightweight, strong, and corrosion-resistant. They also have a knurled surface that can increase the friction and prevent slipping between the spacer and the wheel.
BONOSS Defender wheel spacers come in various thicknesses and bolt patterns to suit your needs and preferences. They are also compatible with both stock and aftermarket wheels and tires.
BONOSS Defender wheel spacers are easy to install and come with extended wheel bolts or studs that match your original ones. BONOSS Defender wheel spacers are tested and certified by SGS, TUV, ISO, and other international standards to ensure their safety and reliability.
They also come with a 10-year warranty for your satisfaction. If you want to buy BONOSS Defender wheel spacers, you can visit their official website or contact their customer service for more information.