As a Toyota owner, you may want to enhance the appearance and performance of your car. One way to do that is to use GR86 wheel spacers on your Toyota. Wheel spacers are aftermarket accessories that create a gap between the wheel hub and the wheel, pushing the wheels outwards and giving the car a more aggressive stance. Wheel spacers can also improve the handling, stability and cornering of the car by increasing the track width and reducing the body roll.
However, before you use GR86 wheel spacers on your Toyota, there are some things you need to know and consider. In this post, we will address some of the most common questions and topics related to GR86 wheel spacers. Let’s begin!
GR86 Wheel Spacers Before and After
One of the main benefits of using wheel spacers on your cars is to enhance the aesthetic appeal of your vehicles. Wheel spacers can have a significant impact on how your car looks by filling up the wheel arches and eliminating the sunken-in appearance of the wheels. Wheel spacers can also allow you to use larger or wider wheels and tires that would otherwise rub against the fenders or suspension components.
To see how GR86 wheel spacers can transform the look of your Toyota, check out these before and after photos of some Toyota models with and without wheel spacers.
As you can see, adding wheel spacers can make your Toyota look more sporty, muscular and attractive. However, keep in mind that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and some people may prefer the stock look of their cars without any modifications.
Besides enhancing the appearance of your car, wheel spacers can also have some pros and cons on your car’s performance, safety and durability. Here are some of the pros and cons of using GR86 wheel spacers on your Toyota.
- Better handling: Wheel spacers can widen the track width of your car, which means that the wheels are farther away from each other. This can improve the stability, grip and cornering ability of your car by reducing the body roll and understeer.
- Better fitment: Wheel spacers can help you achieve a better fitment of your wheels and tires by adjusting the offset or backspacing. Offset is the distance between the centerline of the wheel and the mounting surface. Backspacing is the distance between the inner edge of the wheel and the mounting surface. If your wheels have a positive offset or a large backspacing, they will sit too far inside the wheel wells, which can cause rubbing or clearance issues. Wheel spacers can push them outwards and create more room for larger or wider wheels and tires.
- Better appearance: As mentioned earlier, wheel spacers can make your car look more aggressive and attractive by filling up the wheel arches and giving it a wider stance. Wheel spacers can also let you use different styles or colors of wheels that may not fit your car without them.
GR86 Wheel Spacers Size Guide
One of the most important things you need to consider when using GR86 wheel spacers on your Toyota is the size of the wheel spacers. The size of the wheel spacers determines how much they will push your wheels outwards and affect your fitment, performance and safety. The size of the wheel spacers is measured by their thickness, which is usually expressed in millimeters (mm) or inches (in).
To find the optimal size of wheel spacers for your Toyota, you need to measure the gap between your wheels and fenders, as well as the offset and backspacing of your wheels. You can use a ruler, a tape measure or a caliper to do this. Alternatively, you can use an online wheel spacer calculator that can help you determine the ideal size of wheel spacers based on your vehicle model, wheel size and desired fitment.
Are GR86 Wheel Spacers Legal?
Another thing you need to consider when using GR86 wheel spacers on your Toyota is the legality and regulations of wheel spacers in different regions. Wheel spacers are legal in some countries or states, but illegal or restricted in others. The legality of wheel spacers depends on various factors, such as the size, type, quality and installation of the wheel spacers, as well as the vehicle model, wheel size, tire size, suspension setup and driving conditions.
To avoid any legal issues or penalties when using GR86 wheel spacers on your Toyota, you should check the laws and regulations of your country or state before using them. You should also follow the guidelines and recommendations of your vehicle manufacturer, wheel spacer manufacturer and local authorities when using them. You should also have your vehicle inspected and certified by a professional if required.
GR86 Wheel Spacers Compatibility
The final thing you need to consider when using GR86 wheel spacers on your Toyota is the compatibility of the wheel spacers with your wheels and tires. The compatibility of the wheel spacers depends on various factors, such as the bolt pattern, center bore, offset and width. The bolt pattern is the number and arrangement of bolts or studs on the hub of your vehicle. The center bore is the diameter of the hole in the center of the wheel spacer or wheel. The offset is the distance between the centerline of the wheel spacer or wheel and the mounting surface. The width is the thickness of the wheel spacer.
To ensure that GR86 wheel spacers are compatible with your wheels and tires, you need to check these factors and make sure that they match or are compatible with each other. You can use a ruler, a tape measure or a caliper to measure these factors on your vehicle, wheels, tires and wheel spacers. Alternatively, you can use an online wheel spacer compatibility calculator that can help you determine if GR86 wheel spacers are compatible with your wheels and tires based on their specifications.
Here are some general guidelines on how to check the compatibility of GR86 wheel spacers with your wheels and tires:
- Bolt pattern: The bolt pattern of GR86 wheel spacers must match the bolt pattern of your vehicle’s hub and your wheels. If they do not match, you will not be able to install them or secure them properly. You can find out the bolt pattern of your vehicle’s hub by looking at its manual or online database. You can find out the bolt pattern of your wheels by looking at their manual or online database, or by measuring them with a ruler or a caliper.
- Center bore: The center bore of GR86 wheel spacers must match or be larger than the center bore of your vehicle’s hub and your wheels. If they do not match or are smaller, you will not be able to install them or align them properly. You can find out the center bore of your vehicle’s hub by looking at its manual or online database. You can find out the center bore of your wheels by looking at their manual or online database, or by measuring them with a ruler or a caliper.
BONOSS offers comprehensive service and excellent Gr86 wheel spacers. BONOSS (formerly bloxsport) has served millions of customers and is professional in spacer production and data measurements, and is outstanding for a couple of patented designs. They offer a 10-year warranty and thoughtful consulting.
Customization for Toyota. BONOSS GR86 spacers are specially made for most vehicle models. They are measured and processed more accurately for your GR86. Based on the data online, the mechanics of BONOSS remeasured over 95% of wheel and hub data of car models, finding that not all data online is precise enough.
Moreover, BONOSS Gr86 wheel spacers are CNC-machined precisely to 0.02mm tolerance. High-performance products. The GR86 spacers and bolts of BONOSS are over 66 SGS and TUV certificated. The spacers are anodized AL7075-T6, while the wheel bolts are ISO grade 12.9. All of them are high strength and quality so that can prevent from breaking, bending, cracking or rusting.
Active cooling grooves. You can only see these curved and beautiful grooves in BONOSS spacers because this patent is invented and owned by BONOSS. These dissipation grooves that are designed to fit aerodynamics function to cool the brake by creating space between the hub and wheel spacers. They have been proven to be able to reduce thermal decay and improve brake response.