You have a Maserati GT and you want to make it look even more stunning. You want to give it a wider stance, a more aggressive look, and a sharper handling. You want to make it your own.
How do you do that? Get Maserati GT wheel spacers.
Wheel spacers are devices that fit between the wheel and the hub, creating more space between the two. This can have several benefits for your car, such as:
- Improving the appearance of your car by pushing the wheels out to the edge of the fender
- Enhancing the handling and cornering of your car by increasing the lateral stability and lowering the roll center
- Allowing you to fit larger wheels and tires without rubbing or scraping
But how much wheel spacer do you need? How do you know what size is ideal for your car? And what are the factors to consider when choosing wheel spacers?
In this post, we will answer these questions and help you find the ideal size Maserati GT wheel spacers for your car.
How to choose the right size of Maserati GT wheel spacers
The size of the Maserati GT wheel spacers determines how much they will push your wheels out from the hub. The size is usually measured in millimeters (mm) or inches (in) and ranges from 1 mm to 60 mm or more.
The size you need depends on your personal preference and the size of your wheels and tires. Generally speaking, the larger the wheel spacer, the more noticeable the effect will be. However, you also need to consider other factors, such as:
- The gap between your wheel and fender: You want to measure the gap between your wheel and fender and choose a wheel spacer that is slightly smaller than that gap. For example, if you have a 10 mm gap, you can choose a 8 mm or 9 mm wheel spacer. This will ensure that your wheels will not rub or scrape against your fenders when turning or driving over bumps.
- The offset of your wheels: The offset of your wheels is the distance between the centerline of the wheel and the mounting surface of the hub. A positive offset means that the hub is closer to the front of the wheel, while a negative offset means that the hub is closer to the back of the wheel. A lower offset will push your wheels out more, while a higher offset will push your wheels in more. You want to choose a wheel spacer that will compensate for your offset and bring your wheels closer to the centerline of your car. For example, if you have a +35 mm offset, you can choose a 15 mm or 20 mm wheel spacer to reduce it to +20 mm or +15 mm.
- The width of your tires: The width of your tires is the distance between the inner and outer sidewalls of your tires. A wider tire will fill up more space in your fender, while a narrower tire will leave more space in your fender. You want to choose a wheel spacer that will match your tire width and create a flush look with your fender. For example, if you have a 245 mm tire width, you can choose a 15 mm or 20 mm wheel spacer to bring your wheels out more.
Another way to determine the size you need is to use a wheel spacer calculator online. These tools allow you to enter your car model, wheel size, offset, and desired stance, and they will tell you the ideal wheel spacer size for your car.
What are ideal size Maserati GT wheel spacers for my car?
The ideal size Maserati GT wheel spacers for your car depends on your personal preference and the factors mentioned above. However, based on our research and experience, we recommend these sizes for different models of Maserati GT:
- For Maserati GT (GranTurismo/GranCabrio) from 2007 to 2023: We recommend +20 mm front and +25 mm rear. These sizes will give your car a wider stance and a more aggressive look without compromising clearance or performance.
- For Maserati GT S from 2009 to 2013: We recommend +15 mm front and +18 mm rear. These sizes will give your car a subtle but noticeable improvement in appearance and handling without affecting ride quality or comfort.
- For Maserati GT MC Stradale from 2011 to 2013: We recommend +18 mm front and +20mm rear. These sizes will give your car a sporty and dynamic look and feel without altering its original character or balance.
Of course, these are just our suggestions based on our research and experience. You can always choose different sizes according to your preferences and needs.
Which Maserati GT wheel spacers are best?
When choosing spacers, you can ignore quality and fitment. BONOSS Maserati GT wheel spacers are the most affordable and quality go-for. They are made from 6061-T6 or 7075-T6 forged aluminum alloy. The wheel studs are ISO grade 12.9 and the wheel nuts are ISO grade 10. The tensile strength of studs is over 1080MPa. The performances of the spacers and studs have been fully verified by SGS and TUV, which both are authoritative certification bodies around the world.
Based on independent measurements, the spacers can fit the car perfectly. Some of the data online are not accurate. Spacers produced based on these sizes are not fit. If you put BONOSS Maserati GT wheel spacers onto the hub, you find it so snug.
Besides, BONOSS Maserati wheel spacers are famous for their active cooling sstructures. They are heat dissipation grooves behind the spacers that can boost cooling efficiency and reduce brake thermal decay. They help to brake and prolong the lifespan of brake kits.