If you are a fan of the Porsche Panamera, you might be wondering how to improve its braking performance. After all, the Panamera is a powerful and fast car that needs to stop quickly and safely. One of the ways to do that is to install BONOSS Porsche Panamera wheel spacers. Wheel spacers are metal discs that fit between the wheel hub and the wheel, creating a wider stance and a better look. But BONOSS Porsche Panamera wheel spacers are not just for show; they can also improve the braking performance of your Panamera in various ways.
How BONOSS Porsche Panamera wheel spacers improve braking performance
BONOSS wheel spacers can enhance the braking performance of your Porsche Panamera by:
- Increasing leverage on the brake calipers: BONOSS wheel spacers increase the distance between the center of the wheel and the center of the brake caliper, which creates more leverage on the brake calipers. This means that less force is required to apply the brakes, resulting in shorter stopping distances and less brake fade.
- Improving heat dissipation: BONOSS wheel spacers also improve the heat dissipation of the brake system by creating more space between the wheels and the brake rotors. This allows more air to flow through and cool down the brake components, preventing them from overheating and losing efficiency.
How to choose BONOSS Porsche Panamera wheel spacers for your car?
BONOSS Porsche Panamera wheel spacers are designed to fit your Porsche Panamera perfectly. Here are some factors to consider:
- Thickness: The thickness of the BONOSS Porsche Panamera wheel spacers determines how much they push out the wheels. You need to measure the gap between the wheel and the fender to determine how thick you want your BONOSS wheel spacers to be. You also need to make sure that there is enough clearance for the suspension components and brake calipers.
- Hub-centric: BONOSS Porsche Panamera wheel spacers are hub-centric, which means that they fit snugly on the wheel hub and center themselves automatically. This eliminates any vibration or wobble that might occur with non-hub-centric wheel spacers.
- Bolt pattern: The bolt pattern of the BONOSS wheel spacers must match the bolt pattern of your Panamera and your wheels. The bolt pattern is expressed as a number of bolts followed by a diameter (e.g., 5×130). You can find this information in your owner’s manual or online.
- Quality: BONOSS Porsche Panamera wheel spacers are made of high-quality materials that are durable and resistant to corrosion and wear. They also have proper certification and testing to ensure their safety and reliability.
How to install BONOSS Porsche Panamera wheel spacers on your Porsche Panamera?
Installing BONOSS wheel spacers on your Porsche Panamera is not very difficult, but it requires some tools and skills. You can either do it yourself or hire a professional mechanic. Here are the steps to install BONOSS wheel spacers on your Panamera:
- Park your Panamera on a flat and level surface and apply the parking brake.
- Loosen the lug nuts on one wheel but do not remove them completely.
- Use a jack to lift up that wheel and place a jack stand under it for safety.
- Remove the lug bolts and take off the wheel.
- Clean the wheel hub and the back of the wheel with a wire brush or a rag to remove any dirt or rust.
- Place the BONOSS wheel spacer on the wheel hub and align it with the bolt holes.
- Put back the wheel on top of the BONOSS wheel spacer and align it with the bolt holes.
- Use the extended bolts that come with the spacer to pass through the wheel hub bolt holes and spacer bolt holes one by one, and fix the wheel hub on the original car axle head.
- Lower down that wheel and repeat the same process for the other wheels.
- Use a torque wrench to tighten all lug nuts or bolts according to your Panamera’s specifications (you can find them in your owner’s manual or online).
- Check for any clearance issues or rubbing noises by driving your Panamera slowly around a parking lot or a quiet street.
BONOSS Porsche Panamera wheel spacers are a great way to improve the braking performance and appearance of your Porsche Panamera without spending too much money or time. They can increase leverage, heat dissipation, and reduce unsprung weight by pushing out the wheels. However, you need to choose carefully and install them correctly to avoid any problems. If you are not sure how to do that, you can always consult a professional mechanic or a reputable BONOSS dealer.