Are you considering installing Porsche Taycan wheel spacers on your car but worried about their safety and legality? You’re not alone. Wheel spacers are a popular aftermarket modification that can improve your car’s handling and appearance. But before you rush out to buy a set, it’s important to understand some facts about wheel spacers. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the safety and legal issues surrounding wheel spacers and help you decide whether they’re right for your car. From the latest research on bolt-on spacers to the most common concerns about installation and maintenance, we’ve got you covered. So sit back, relax, and let’s dive into the world of wheel spacers!
Pros and cons of Porsche Taycan wheel spacers
Wheel spacers are a popular aftermarket modification that can improve your car’s handling and appearance. Here are some benefits of using wheel spacers:
- Improved handling: Wheel spacers can increase the spacing between the left and right wheels, making the car more stable and improving handling, grip and the cornering experience.
- Wider/Larger Wheels or Tires: Wheel spacers can allow for wider or larger wheels or tires to be mounted on a vehicle.
- Larger Brake Calipers: Wheel spacers can enable the use of larger brake calipers.
- Inexpensive: Wheel spacers are relatively inexpensive compared to other aftermarket modifications.
- Simple to Install: Wheel spacers are easy to install and can be done at home with basic tools.
- Gives Vehicle a Unique Stance/Look: Wheel spacers can push your wheels outwards to fill the wheel arches, giving your car a wider and sportier look.
It’s important to note that while wheel spacers have many benefits, they also have some drawbacks. For example, improper installation of wheel spacers can lead to safety issues such as wheel separation or failure. Therefore, it’s important to choose high-quality wheel spacers and have them installed by a professional mechanic. Here are some common concerns about using wheel spacers:
- Safety Issues: Improper installation of wheel spacers can lead to safety issues such as wheel separation or failure. It’s important to choose high-quality wheel spacers and have them installed by a professional mechanic to ensure your safety on the road.
- Legal Restrictions: Some states or countries have legal restrictions on the use of wheel spacers. For example, in California, it’s illegal to use wheel spacers that are more than 1.5 inches thick. It’s important to check your local laws and regulations before installing wheel spacers on your car.
Which Porsche Taycan wheel spacers should you run?
It’s important to weigh the benefits and drawbacks of using wheel spacers before deciding whether or not to install them on your car. But if you buy real quality Porsche Taycan wheel spacers and install them correctly, most of the drawbacks can be evaded. You can get a sporty and aggressive outlook for your Porsche Taycan without any worry.
I recommend BONOSS hub-centric Porsche Taycan wheel spacers. They are forged billet aluminum made from aerospace 7075-T6 or 6061-T6, far tougher and harder than those cast wheel spacers. The supplementary wheel studs and wheel nuts are ISO grade 12.9 and ISO grade 10. The performances of BONOSS Porsche Taycan wheel spacers have been tested and verified by TUV and SGS. You never worry about the spacers breaking.
Besides, BONOSS Porsche Taycan wheel spacers are manufactured with world-advanced processing technologies. The entire wheel spacer is anodized and the studs with Dacromet Coating can endure more than 500 hours in Salt Spray Test. Compared to other wheel spacers, they are more stable, and reliable, and can undergo wear and oxidation for many years.
I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.