If you own a Ford F250 pickup truck, you may be wondering if you can install wheel spacers to give it a wider, more aggressive stance. The short answer is yes, you can absolutely put wheel spacers on an F250, but there are some importa factors to consider when choosing the right spacers. In this article, we’ll go over everything you need to know about fitting Ford F250 wheel spacers.
What size Ford F250 wheel spacers do I need?
When selecting wheel spacers for your F250, you first need to determine what size you need. This depends on a few key measurements:
- Your truck’s stock wheel bolt pattern – F250 trucks use either a 6-lug or 8-lug bolt pattern. Verify yours before ordering spacers.
- Your current wheel width – Measure across the width of your wheels to know how wide your new spaced-out stance will be.
- The offset you want – Wheel spacers range from 1-3 inches usually. More offset equals a wider truck.
- Backspacing needs – Make sure your wheels will clear your brake calipers when spaced out.
Most F250 owners opt for 1.5-2 inch wheel spacers to get a nice moderate increase in wheel track width. When in doubt, it’s smart to consult with a truck specialist on the ideal spacer size for your particular F250 setup.
What type Ford F250 wheel spacers do I need?
In addition to diameter, you also need to choose a wheel spacer type. The main options are:
- Hub-centric spacers – These center on your wheel hub for optimal fitment and load distribution. Hub-centric is preferred for most truck applications.
- Lug-centric spacers – These center on your wheel lugs instead of the hub. Lug-centric spacers are simpler but can cause vibration issues.
- Spacer material – Choose between aluminum and steel construction. Aluminum is lighter and steel is heavier. Both work well.
For most F250 trucks, a set of quality hub-centric aluminum wheel spacers 1.5-2 inches in size will be your best bet. This gives a moderately wider stance while keeping a factory-like fit and finish. Be sure to get spacers matched exactly to your F250’s bolt pattern.
When shopping for the right brand of Ford F250 wheel spacers, BONOSS stands out as a top choice for several reasons.
- Precision CNC machined from aerospace grade 6061-T6 or 7075-T6 aluminum alloy
- Engineered to strict tolerances for perfect hub-centric fitment
- Available in sizes to give your F250 an aggressive, muscular look
- Backed by a 10-year warranty for peace of mind
- High quality construction at a very affordable price point
- Made specifically for Ford Super Duty trucks like the F250
Thousands of Ford truck owners have chosen BONOSS spacers to get the widened tough stance they want without compromising ride quality or wheel integrity. If you want your F250 to stand out on the road, BONOSS spacers are highly recommended.
So in summary, yes you can absolutely install wheel spacers on a Ford F250 as long as you get the proper size, style, and construction for your specific truck’s setup. With quality aftermarket spacers like BONOSS, you can achieve the perfect aggressive wide look safely and affordably. Just take care to get professional advice so your spacers properly fit and work with your existing wheels and suspension components. Your transformed F250 will turn heads in no time!