Wheel spacers can enhance the appearance, performance and handling of your Audi Q7 by creating a wider stance and allowing for larger wheels and tires. However, they also require proper installation and maintenance, especially when it comes to torque. Applying the correct amount of torque is vital for ensuring that your wheel spacers are securely attached to your vehicle without causing any damage or risk. Therefore, you should always follow the manufacturer’s instructions and specifications for your specific wheel spacers, lug nuts or bolts, hub and wheel before installing them on your vehicle.
How much torque should be applied to Audi Q7 wheel spacers?
If you are unsure or have any doubts, you can toy with the reference below:
- M12: 110 – 130NM, Reference 113NM (83.3 Ft-tb). Steel wheels and aluminum wheels are the same.
- M14: 180 – 201NM, Reference 181NM (133.5 Ft-tb) for steel wheels and 140NM (103.5 Ft-tb) for aluminum wheels.
The thread type of Audi Q7 is 14×1.5.
Why is torque important for Audi Q7 wheel spacers?
Torque is important for wheel spacers because it affects how well they fit and function on your vehicle. If the lug nuts or bolts are under-torqued, they can loosen over time due to vibration, thermal expansion and contraction, and road impacts. This can cause the wheel spacer to wobble, shift or detach from the hub, resulting in damage to the wheel, hub, brake rotor, caliper and other components. It can also cause steering instability, brake failure and loss of control, which can lead to accidents and injuries.
If the lug nuts or bolts are over-torqued, they can stretch or break due to excessive tension and fatigue. This can compromise the integrity and strength of the lug nuts or bolts, making them prone to snapping or shearing off under stress. It can also cause damage to the threads of the lug nuts or bolts, the hub or the spacer, making them difficult or impossible to remove or replace. It can also cause uneven pressure distribution on the wheel spacer, hub and wheel, resulting in warping, cracking or breaking of these components.
Therefore, applying the correct amount of torque is crucial for ensuring that your Audi Q7 wheel spacers are securely attached to your vehicle without causing any damage or risk.
BONOSS Audi Q7 wheel spacers are made of forged 6061-T6 or 7075-T6 aluminum alloy, which is stronger and lighter than ordinary steel. BONOSS wheel spacers are also certified by SGS, TUV and ISO standards, ensuring their quality and safety. They come in different sizes, thicknesses and bolt patterns to fit any Subaru model.
One of the unique features of BONOSS Audi Q7 wheel spacers is their active cooling technique. This technique involves creating grooves on the surface of the wheel spacers that allow air to flow through them and dissipate heat. This reduces the temperature of the wheel spacers and the wheels, improving their performance and durability. The active cooling technique also helps to prevent dust and water from accumulating on the wheel spacers, keeping them clean and dry. BONOSS Audi Q7 wheel spacers are the only ones in the market with this innovative technique, giving them an edge over other brands.
BONOSS hub-centric Audi Q7 wheel spacers can perfectly fit your car. For every Audi model, technicians have accurately measured and recorded the PCD, CB and hub pattern. All products are CNC-machined according to these measurements. And the CNC production is capable to maintain the machine tolerance under 0.02mm. When you put the spacers onto the hub, the hub and spacer will touch snugly and tightly, as there is no space between them.
MORE POSTS ABOUT AUDI WHEEL SPACERS
- Audi A4L Wheel Spacers: Do They Make a Difference?
- Audi A7 Wheel Spacers Review
- Which 2023 Audi A7 wheel spacers are worth?
- How thick 2023 Audi S4 wheel spacers are best for offset?
- Which Audi S4 wheel spacers can fit my aftermarket wheel?
- When should you run Audi TT wheel spacers?
- Do 2023 Audi TT Wheel Spacers Cause Vibration?
- How can I get the best fitment with Audi A5 wheel spacers?
- Is it typical to install Audi Q7 wheel spacers on all four wheels?
- Do I Need Hub-Centric Audi RS4 Wheel Spacers?
- Where to Buy Quality 2023 Audi A5 Wheel Spacers
- Can I drive with Audi R8 V10 wheel spacers like stock?
- 2023 Audi A3 Wheel Spacers Review
- What size OEM 2023 Audi Q5 wheel spacers are best?
- Which size Audi RS Q8 wheel spacers are best?