1. Park the vehicle on level ground. Turn off the engine, and pull up the handbrake. Make sure that the surrounding environment of the vehicle is safe and free from interference;
2. Loosen the lug nuts with a lug wrench in a star pattern (a special socket will be needed if you are using locking lug nuts);
3. Use a jack to lift the vehicle, and keep the tires 20mm away from the ground. Place a tripod on the bottom of the vehicle to ensure safety;
4. Now, you can remove the lug nuts in turn;
5. When all the lug nuts are removed, hold the wheel with your hands, and then take the wheel off. Put it aside temporarily (the outside of the mounting plate facing upwards to avoid any potential damage);
6. It is a good chance to clean the axle hub. Use rust remover and sandpaper and other tools to clean the rust, debris. Wipe down the entire hub surface to ensure that the contact surface is smooth and flat;
8. Align the bolt holes of the 2022 Lexus ES wheel spacers with the protruding vehicle studs and then carefully slip the spacers onto the hub assembly. (Here is a simple way to test if the spacer fit the hub: it is easy to put in and rotate without resistance, and there is no obvious gap and sound when shaking up and down, left and right);
9. Fastening the spacer to the vehicle studs with provided lug nuts. Similarly, use a torque wrench to tighten each lug nut in a star pattern. (The proper torque refers to the owner’s manual);
10. Remount the wheel on the spacer (the wheel lug holes pass through the new studs). Use stock lug nuts the secure the wheel. In the same way, torque every lug nut with a torque wrench);
11. Repeat steps 2 – 10 for the remaining wheels.
12. Remove the tripod and slowly lower the vehicle. When all four wheels firmly contact the ground, turn the steering wheel to the left and right on the spot, and check whether there are tires rubbing with other parts such as the inner wheel arch, fenders, or shock absorbers. (If there is a rubbing issue, you may need to replace the 2022 Lexus ES wheel spacers with a smaller thickness);
13. Drive the vehicle back and forth slowly to ensure that the wheels rotate for a few laps, then turn off the engine, and use the torque wrench with a specified torque value to tighten each lug nut again. Make sure all the lug nuts work well.
14. The 2022 Lexus ES wheel spacers installation is complete.