The 2022 BMW 7 Series wheel spacers are very useful in wheel upgrades. By moving the wheels outwards, they can solve clearance issues easily and quickly. The installation process of 2022 BMW 7 Series wheel spacers is simple and most knowledgeable customers can install them without problems. Hopefully, this guide can help you install wheel spacers properly.
Steps of Properly Installing 2022 BMW 7 Series Wheel Spacers:
1. Park the vehicle on level ground. Turn off the engine, and pull up the handbrake. Make sure that the surrounding environment of the vehicle is safe and free from interference;
2. Loosen the OEM wheel bolts with a lug wrench in a star pattern (a special socket will be needed if you are using locking lug bolts);
3. Use a jack to lift the vehicle, and keep the tires 20mm away from the ground. Place a tripod on the bottom of the vehicle to ensure safety;
4. Now, you can remove the BMW wheel bolts in turn;
5. When all the bolts are removed, hold the wheel with your hands, and then take the wheel off. Put it aside temporarily (the outside of the mounting plate facing upwards to avoid any potential damage);
6. It is a good chance to clean the axle hub. Use rust remover and sandpaper and other tools to clean the rust, debris. Wipe down the entire hub surface to ensure that the contact surface is smooth and flat;
8. Align the lug holes of the 2022 BMW 7 Series wheel spacers with the hub holes and then carefully slip the spacers onto the hub assembly. (Here is a simple way to test if the spacer fit the hub: it is easy to put in and rotate without resistance, and there is no obvious gap and sound when shaking up and down, left and right);
9. A wheel hanger will may it easier to align the holes and hold the wheel temporarily.
10. Remount the wheel on the wheel spacers and use the correct extended wheel bolts to secure the wheel. Remember to use a torque wrench to tighten each lug bolt in a star pattern. (The proper torque refers to the owner’s manual);
11. Repeat steps 2 – 10 for the remaining wheels.
12. Remove the tripod and slowly lower the vehicle. When all four wheels firmly contact the ground, turn the steering wheel to the left and right on the spot, and check whether there are tires rubbing with other parts such as the inner wheel arch, fenders, or shock absorbers. (If there is a rubbing issue, you may need to replace the 2022 BMW 7 Series wheel spacers with a smaller thickness);
13. Drive the vehicle back and forth slowly to ensure that the wheels rotate for a few laps, then turn off the engine, and use the torque wrench with a specified torque value to tighten each wheel bolt again. Make sure all the lug bolts work well.
14. The 2022 BMW 7 Series wheel spacers installation is complete.